Looking for the perfect meal to serve for Mother's Day brunch? This crispy chicken and waffles dish will do the trick. The sweet and savory meal includes soft, fluffy waffles, sweet hot honey, and a flaky, breaded chicken thigh, cooked to perfection. If the main course wasn’t enough, the side of coleslaw has a mixture that isn’t your regular slaw combination. Adding honey to the mix will be sure to sweeten it up to the perfect degree. Don't leave this recipe off your menu this Mother's Day.
Hot Honey Chicken & Waffle Sandwich with Creamy Slaw
• 1ea Chicken Thigh – SGC# 219457
• 2 whole eggs, whipped – SGC# 192989
• 1 cup whole milk – SGC# 195610
• 1 cup all purpose flour seasoned flour – SGC# 053330
• 1 cup chicken breading – SGC# 057216
• 2 Tbsp Hot Honey – SGC# 125618
• 2ea Waffles – SGC# 201087
• 1c shredded cabbage – SGC# 196014
• ½ c mayonnaise – SGC# 123325
• 1tsp Restaurant Marketplace celery seed – SGC# 191839
• 1tsp red wine vinegar – SGC# 125417
• 2tbsp honey – SGC# 128314
• 1tbsp citrus seasoning – SGC# 169857
• 3ea dill pickle slices – SGC# 126192
1. Preheat oil to 350 degrees. Combine the eggs and milk together. Dredge the chicken thigh in seasoned flour, egg wash and finally the extra seasoned chicken breading. Place the breaded chicken in the deep fry and fry for 5-6 minutes until the chicken reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Remove from the fry and let rest for 3 minutes.
2. To Make the slaw: combine cabbage with mayonnaise, celery seed, vinegar, honey and citrus seasoning and mix thoroughly.
3. Heat the waffles in toaster or on flat top until they are warm throughout.
4. To plate: place the breaded chicken thigh on top of the waffle and drizzle with hot honey. Next, top with the coleslaw and pickles and the top bun of the waffle and serve.
View more of our savory and sweet recipes here.