The French Onion Burger, a delectable fusion of classic American comfort food and the rich flavors of French cuisine. This mouthwatering burger is a true delight for burger enthusiasts and food connoisseurs alike. Picture a juicy, flame-grilled beef patty topped with a generous layer of caramelized onions, infused with savory onion soup broth and a hint of sweetness. Your guests will be thrilled to come back in to enjoy this burger.
· 1-ounce envelope
· Morton coarse
· for serving: toasted bun, , (below), , , , , (below), etc.
· large , thinly sliced
· Morton coarse
· clove , finely chopped or grated
· Morton coarse & , to taste
1. Prepare the grill for medium-high direct grilling, 450-500 degrees F. Prep any toppings & condiments as desired (see below).
2. Add the ground beef, onion soup seasoning mix, Worcestershire sauce & kosher salt to a large mixing bowl. Using your hands, mix just until well combined. Be careful not to overmix as it yields a dryer, tougher burger. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions. Press each portion into a 1-inch thick burger patty. Use your thumb to press a slight indent in the center of each burger patty.
3. Place the burger patties on the grill grates, directly over the flame. Grill 3 minutes per side for medium doneness. If you prefer a less/more done burger, grill for 1 minute less/more. If making a cheeseburger, add the cheese to the burger patties in their last minute of grilling. Toast the Burger Buns while you’re at it – see below!
4. Build your burgers as desired. At our house, the toasted St Pierre brioche buns get a quick schmear of Dijonnaise, topped with leafy lettuce, a French onion burger, crispy bacon, & caramelized onions. Serve immediately.