Asian Style Ahi Poke
Steamed bamboo rice layered with ahi tuna marinated in a blend of Minor's Jalapeno Flavor Concentrate, soy sauce, grated ginger and sesame oil.
5 oz Tuna Poke Cubes #211901
1/8 cup Soy sauce #087783
1/4 tsp. Sesame oil – SGC #487739
1 tsp. Minor's Fire Roasted Jalapeno Flavor Concentrate #100530
1/2 tsp. Fresh grated ginger #191391
Sweet onion, julienned #191966
1/8 cup Scallions, thin cut at slight bias- SGC# 192014
1/8 cup Shiitake mushrooms, rough chopped #196450
1/8 cup Carrots, julienned #192195
1/8 cup Diakon, julienned #191310
1/2 cup Bamboo rice, cooked and cooled #051458
1/2 Tbsp. Minor's Cilantro Lime Flavor Concentrate #362471
3/4 cup Blended vegetable oil #054346
1/4 cup Sherry vinegar #125417
1/2 tsp. Minor's Mushroom Base #100786
1 pinch Kosher salt #052100
1 tsp. Minor's Cilantro Lime Concentrate #362471
1/4 cup Mayonnaise #123528
1/8 cup Rice crackers (garnish) -
1 tsp. Sesame seed blend (black & white) #171159 & 171157
Pan spray, as needed #054400
1. Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, jalapeno concentrate, grated ginger, sweet onion, half the scallions and whisk in a medium bowl. Toss the Ahi tuna with the mixture and marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, sherry vinegar and Minor's Mushroom base. Add the remaining scallions, shiitake mushrooms, carrots and daikon. Mix and set aside.
3. Combine the cooked rice and cilantro lime flavor concentrate.
4. Whisk the mayonnaise and the 1 tsp. of cilantro lime flavor concentrate together and place in a squirt bottle.
5. To plate, add cilantro lime rice to a lightly greased measuring cup (1 cup) and press firmly. Flip over on the plate. Top with strained mushroom vinaigrette salad followed by the tuna.
6. Garnish with the cilantro lime mayo sesame seeds and serve with rice crackers.