Celebrate this Cinco de Mayo with Adobe Chicken Tacos! Chicken Thighs rubbed with Mexican spices, browned, and braised in crushed tomatoes, vinegar, peppers, and onions. The perfect kick-off to the festivities!
- 1 tbsp Olive oil — SGC #065312
- 1 tbsp Ancho chile powder — SGC #393788
- 1 tbsp Mexican oregano, dried — SGC #170761
- 1 lbs Chicken thighs — SGC #219546
- 1 cup Green bell peppers, diced — SGC #192419
- 1 cup Yellow bell peppers, diced — SGC #193277
- 1/2 cup Yellow onion — SGC #191966
- 1 cup sour cream — SGC #193046
- 1 cups Low-sodium chicken stock — SGC #090464
- 3 cups crushed tomatoes — SGC #080051
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar — SGC #125417
- 1 tbsp Paprika — SGC #170811
- 1 tbsp Cayenne pepper — SGC #171389
- 20 ea Corn tortillas (6 inch) — SGC #212703
- 20 ea Lime wedges, fresh — SGC #192625
- 3 cups Coleslaw — SGC #191239
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium-high flame.
- In a bowl, mix ancho chile powder and Mexican oregano; rub on chicken thighs. Brown seasoned chicken thighs on each side for 2 minutes; remove from pot. Add bell peppers and onion to pot. Add the chicken stock, crushed tomatoes, red wine vinegar, paprika and cayenne; simmer for 3 minutes. Return chicken thighs to pot; cover and place in oven for 30-45 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees. When finished cooking, shred chicken and leave in cooking juices.
- For coleslaw, mix 1 cup of reduced fat sour cream with 2 tsp red wine vinegar and toss with 3 cups of coleslaw vegetables. Let sit in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- To serve, place shredded chicken in the center of the corn tortillas, top with coleslaw, fold over and hold it closed with a fresh lime wedge.