This dish is flexible and can use a medley of just about any seafood you prefer (octopus, squid, mussels, shrimp and/or fish); all stewed in a savory, light tomato fish broth.
3 Tbsp. olive oil #053059
1 shallot, minced #192014
2 cloves garlic, minced #192922
1/2 cup white wine
28 oz. canned diced tomatoes with juice* #080085
2 cups fish stock
1/2 tsp. dried thyme #169664
1/2 tsp. dried oregano #170753
1 tsp. Paprika #170811
1 lb. Seafood Medley #488210
1 lb. Aqua Star fish fillets of choice (salmon, cod, halibut), thawed #212477
salt and ground black pepper #052100 & 169540
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
2. Add the white wine, tomatoes, fish stock, thyme, oregano and paprika.
3. Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
4. As the broth cooks, cut the fish into about 1” pieces. Add the seafood and fish to the broth and cook partially covered for about 8 minutes or until seafood is thoroughly cooked.
5. Season with salt and ground black pepper