Treat your patrons to this delicious Smashed Cheddar and Onion Burger! A perfect special for the summer months! Make 4 burgers with these following steps:
Heat a Cast-iron griddle until very hot.
Layer the pickle slices on the bottom buns.
Without overworking the Mill Street ground beef, loosely form into 4 balls and place on the griddle.
Cook over moderately high heat for 30 seconds.
Using a large spatula, flatten each ball into a 5 inch round patty.
Season with salt and pepper, and continue cooking for 2 minutes until well seared.
Press a handful of sliced onions onto each patty.
Using the spatula, carefully slip each burger so the onions are on the bottom. Top with cheese slice and cook until cheese is melted (about 1 minute). Transfer burgers to the buns & serve!
Makes 4 Burgers
- 16 thin bread & butter pickle slices, patted dry – SGC# 126235
- 4 – 4” potato buns, buttered & toasted – SGC# 482300
- 1.25 lbs Mill Street ground Angus beef – SGC# 215000
- Salt & fresh pepper – SGC# 052102 & 169540
- 2 small onions, sliced thin – SGC# 192237
- Sharp cheddar cheese slices – 056360
Source: Food & Wine