Ahi Tuna Watermelon Avocado Ceviche
- 1/2 lb Ahi tuna, raw sushi grade – SGC# 488512
- 1/2 Avocado – SGC# 192609
- 2 tbsp Cilantro – SGC# 193201
- 1 tbsp Jalapeno – SGC# 193078
- 1/2 tsp Lime, zest – SGC# 192625
- 1/3 cup Red onion – SGC# 192237
- 1/3 cup sliced radishes – SGC# 191305
- 1/3 cup Roma tomatoes – SGC# 192054
- 1/2 cup diced watermelon – SGC# 1972767
- 1/3 cup Lime juice – SGC# 193238
- 1/4 to taste tsp Kosher salt – SGC# 052100
- Ceviche is almost like making a salsa. Unlike salsa, you will need to marinate the main ingredient (your fish of choice) in lime juice for a short period of time in the refrigerator. That’s how it will “cook”. It’s not cooked over heat; it’s cooked in acids of the lime juice.
- Start by cutting your raw Ahi tuna into small bite size chunks (like ¼ – ½ inch chunks). Place the fish into a bowl with other ingredients (except the avocado and crostini) and allow it to marinate in the refrigerator.
- Everyone will have different thoughts on how long it should cook. For a white fish we only need to marinate for around 20 – 30 minutes. But for Ahi Tuna I like to go one hour to really soak up the flavors of this marinade.
- When done, strain from the marinade, add the avocado and then serve in your favorite dish.