For a great tasting, healthy burger alternative, serve up a delicious Alaskan Salmon Burger made from lean, healthy, wild Alaskan Salmon. Great American salmon burgers are all salmon with no fillers. Pre-seasoned with a delightful smoky flavor, they cook up fast, right from frozen. The result is a flavorful burger that's high in protein, rich in Omega-3s, and full of great taste.
1. Preheat a flat top griddle to 350º F.
2. In a bowl, blend all ingredients for Fresh Cucumber and Fennel Slaw, cover and refrigerate until needed.
3. In a small bowl, combine lemon zest and dill with diced Great American salmon. Combine thoroughly and form into a 5" round thickness patty.
4. Place the seasoned salmon patty on the preheated grill. Cook for a total of approx. 12-14 minutes turning 3 times to assure even cooking. Always cook to well done, 165ºF internal temperature measured by a meat thermometer.
5. While the burger is cooking, butter the inside of the Rotella sourdough bun halves and place on the hot griddle until lightly toasted, then removed and reserve.
6. To assemble the burger, place grilled orange slices on the bottom bun, top with the cooked salmon patty and Gold Label Harissa Sauce.
7. Add the Fresh Cucumber Fennell Slaw and the top Rotella sourdough bun.
8. Eat and Enjoy!
Fresh Cucumber and Fennel Slaw
1 cup Thin Sliced Cucumber (#192336)
1 cup Fine Shaved Fennel Bulb (#192226)
3 Tbsp Chopped Fennel Top (#192226)
4 Tbsp Vegetable Oil (#054247)
1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice (#082214)
1 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar (#125417)
1/4 tsp Sea Salt (#171425)
1/4 tsp Code Black Pepper (#169540)
Alaskan Salmon Burger
6 oz Great American Sockeye Salmon, Boneless, Skinless, Small Diced (#211454)
1/4 oz Lemon Zest (#192676)
1/4 oz Dill, Fresh, Chopped (#196220)
1 oz Valencia Orange Slices, Seedless, Grilled (#193185)
3/4 oz Custom Culinary Gold Label Harissa Sauce (#639115)
Rotella Sourdough Buns, Toasted (#216737)