If you are looking for a southern twist on a Vietnamese dish, we found you a winner. In a nutshell, the Southwestern Bánh Mì Chicken Sandwich is a sweet and spicy chicken sandwich with a Vietnamese twist. It’s served in a crusty French baguette lined with cajun mayo and topped with fresh cucumber, cilantro, jalapenos and pickled carrots and daikon.
Pickled Vegetable: In a small sauce pot over medium high heat, bring vinegar and sugar to a boil, pour over pickled vegetables and refrigerate for 24 hours for best flavor.
- Southwest Aioli: Blend Classic Gourmet mayonnaise and chipotle Concentrate and refrigerate 30-60 minutes for best flavor.
- Chargrilled Koch chicken breast. Always cook to well done, 165°F internal temperature measured by a meat thermometer.
- When the chicken is cooked, warm the rotella bread in the oven for 2-3 minutes, remove and slice open lengthwise.
- Slice the cooked warm chicken and toss with the oyster sauce to evenly coat.
- To Assemble the Sandwich: Evenly spread entire inside of the bread with the Southwest Aioli. Place cooked chicken coated in the oyster sauce on the bottom side. Remove the pickled carrots from the marinate and top the chicken. Garnish with the cilantro, close sandwich and slice into halves.
1/2 oz Sliced Radish (#191133)
1/2 oz Jalepeno (#088934)
2 oz Shredded Carrots (#192476)
1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar (#124919)
1 tbsp Sugar (#051771)
1 tsp Chipotle Flavor Concentrate (#100530)
1/4 cup Classic Gourmet Mayonnaise (#123525)
4 oz Koch Chicken Breast, Boneless, Skinless (#213235)
1 oz Oyster Sauce (#987030)
1/4 oz Cilantro (#193201)
1 11-12" Rotella Wheat Hoagie (#216712)