The Beef Stir Fry with Mushrooms & Asparagus is as easy as it gets! Layer by layer, this recipe comes together in a flash. You will be sure to satisfy your customers taste buds with this delightful dish
- For the sauce, put soy sauce, water, ginger, wine, and garlic into a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Trim the flank steak of any large pieces of membrane, then cut in half or thirds lengthwise, or with the grain (about 3 inches wide). Cut the sections against the grain into 1/8” slices, and place in medium bowl. Add the additional soy sauce and mix well. Add cornstarch and mix well again.
- Preheat wok over high heat until smoke begins to rise from the surface. Add 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil and heat until it begins to shimmer. Add the beef, and with spatula, quickly spread it into a single layer in the bowl of the wok. Sear the beef for about 15 second and then stir-fry for an additional 1-2 minutes, breaking up any pieces that stick together. Remove the wok from the heat, and transfer the beef to a medium bowl. Rinse the wok and dry with towel.
- Return the wok to the stove over high heat. Add the remaining vegetable oil and heat until it shimmers. Add the asparagus and mushrooms and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until spears have turned dark green. Add the beef and stir to combine. Add the sauce and stir-fry for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce has absorbed into all ingredients. Add the sesame oil and pepper and give one final stir.
- Serve over steamed rice.
- 1 Tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce – SGC # 087411
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp fresh minced ginger – SGC# 191391
- 1 tsp dry marsala wine – SGC# 124919
- 2 large cloves crushed garlic – SGC# 192922
- ½ lbs. flank steak – SGC# 222031
- 1 Tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce – SGC# 087411
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided – SGC# 054247
- ½ lbs. fresh asparagus, trimmed & cut into 1.5” segments – SGC# 193426
- 68 medium dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in warm water to reconstitute, caps only sliced in half – SGC# 192564
- ¼ tsp sesame oil – SGC# 487701
- ¼ tsp Premier white pepper powder – SGC# 171348
- ½ tsp cornstarch – SGC# 053199
- 14” Cantonese Style flat bottom wok with lid – SGC# 751547
- 1.5 qt stainless steel mixing bowl – SGC# 379759
- 3 qt stainless steel mixing bowl – SGC# 379761
- Wood handle spatula – SGC# 751232