Crispy Alaskan Cod Reuben
A modern-day twist to the classic Reuben. Crispy Battered Alaskan Cod is a perfect substitute for corned beef. Pile it on high and serve it in rye!
4 fillets Crispy Battered Alaskan Cod #212477
4 sliced rye bread #222094
8 slices Swiss cheese #055698
8 Tbsp. Thousand Island dressing #128870
1 cup drained sauerkraut #077438
1. Bake cod according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, butter 1 side of each piece of rye bread.
3. Place two of the rye bread slices butter side down on a plate.
4. Top each non-buttered side with 2 slices of Swiss cheese, 2 tbsp Thousand Island dressing and ½ of the sauerkraut.
5. When cod is done baking, place two fillets on top of each build.
6. Top with remaining sauerkraut, Thousand Island dressing, Swiss cheese and rye bread, butter side out.
7. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
8. Cook the sandwiches, pressing down with a spatula for 1-2 minutes per side until toasted and cheese is melted.