Winter Salad with Brussels Sprouts and Citrus
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeds removed, chopped – SGC# 193078
- 1 cup (packed) cilantro leaves with tender stems - SGC# 193201
- ½ cup olive oil - SGC# 065312
- ½ tsp ground caraway - SGC# 169771
- ½ tsp ground cumin - SGC# 170266
- Kosher salt & ground black pepper - SGC# 052100 & 169540
- 1 lbs brussels sprouts - SGC# 191363
- 1 Tbsp olive oil - SGC# 065312
- 6 small oranges - SGC# 192724
- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar - SGC# 124919
- 2 tsp poppy seeds - SGC# 170944
- 1 cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt - SGC# 584130
- Kosher salt - SGC# 052100
- Purée chile, cilantro, oil, caraway, and cumin in a blender until smooth; season with salt and pepper.
- Do Ahead: Harissa can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and chill.
Salad & Assembly
- Trim brussels sprouts; halve lengthwise. Pluck off outer green leaves and place in a large bowl. Very thinly slice half of brussels and add to bowl with leaves. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high. Cook remaining brussels, tossing occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
- Trim ends from citrus; cut off peel and white pith. Cut 3 citrus in half lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise. Working over a bowl, cut along membranes of remaining 3 citrus to release segments. Squeeze membranes and trim over bowl to release juices. Whisk 3 Tbsp. juice, vinegar, and poppy seeds in a small bowl; season dressing with salt. Discard remaining juice.
- Add citrus and dressing to bowl with brussels sprouts and toss; season with salt.
- To serve, spread fromage blanc over a platter. Arrange salad on top and drizzle with ¼ cup green harissa (save remaining harissa to use on roasted veg or grilled meat); sprinkle with nigella seeds, if using.