This quick spicy chicken sandwich is sure to add just the right amount of spice to any menu! Serve with tin roof fries that can be dipped straight into the spicy mayo.
- 1½ cups buttermilk – SGC# 194563
- 2 Walker Farms 5 oz skinless chicken breasts – SGC# 211933
- 1 cup flour – SGC# 053330
- 3 tbsp corn starch – SGC# 053199
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika – SGC# 171105
- 2 tsp garlic powder – SGC# 170424
- 2 tsp onion powder – SGC# 170738
- 1½ tsp salt – SGC# 052100
- 2 cups Versa Premium fryer oil – SGC# 054474
- ⅔ cup mayo – SGC# 123528
- 2 tbsp hot sauce – SGC# 088484
- 2 brioche buns lightly toasted – SGC# 216732
- ¼ cup Kaiser spicy pickle chips – SGC# 126459
- Pour buttermilk into a baking dish and add chicken breasts, turning to coat. Allow mixture to sit for 30 minutes.
- In another baking dish, combine flour, cornstarch, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Whisk together.
- Drizzle a couple of spoonfuls of buttermilk from the baking dish with the chicken into the baking dish with the flour mixture and gently stir together.
- Season each chicken breast with salt and dredge into the flour mixture on both sides until fully coated.
- Shake off any excess coating and transfer to a baking sheet lined with a cooling rack.
- While breaded chicken sits, preheat 3 inches of oil in a large skillet to 350˚F.
- Carefully slide each chicken breast into the hot oil and fry for 5 to 6 minutes. Gently flip each piece of chicken and continue frying for an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown, crispy, and cooked through.
- Transfer cooked chicken onto a clean baking sheet lined with a cooling rack. Season with salt.
- Combine mayo and hot sauce into a small mixing bowl and whisk together until thoroughly combined.
- To assemble, spread the spicy mayo on the tops and bottoms of each bun—place pickles on top of the bottom bun and top with a piece of fried chicken. Place top buns over chicken and gently press. Serve immediately!