Tender and juicy diced chicken thighs coated in crispy cornstarch and then smothered in a flavorful gochujang sauce? Sign us up! With just the right amount of heat, sweetness, and umami, this dish is perfect for anyone who loves bold flavors. So roll up your sleeves and get ready to whip up some seriously delicious Korean-inspired cuisine.
Sweet and Spicy Gochujang Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs diced – SGC# 219457
- 1/2 red onion chopped – SGC# 192237
- 1/4 cup cornstarch – SGC# 053238
- 1/4 cup avocado oil – SGC# 487041
- 1/2 tbsp garlic minced – SGC# 192922
- 2 tbsp white granulated sugar – SGC# 051771
- 2 tsp sesame seeds – SGC# 169842
- 2 tbsp Gochujang – SGC# 369869
- 3/4 tsp sesame oil – SGC# 182454
- 2 tbsp soy sauce – SGC# 087841
- 1 tbsp cornstarch – SGC# 053238
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp sesame seeds – SGC# 169842
- 1 stalk green onion sliced – SGC# 192014
- In a small bowl, whisk together your cornstarch slurry ingredients together and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add your diced chicken thighs followed by cornstarch and mix until each piece is coated in cornstarch. Tip: Ensure your chicken thighs are a bit wet or moist so the cornstarch can stick. If they’re dry for any reason, rinse the thighs under cold water and strain before dicing.
- Then in a large pan or wok set over medium high heat, add your avocado oil. Once the oil is hot and glistening, carefully lower your coated chicken and fry until golden, crispy brown. About 10 minutes depending on how high your heat is. You may need to adjust your heat.
- Remove the fried chicken and transfer to a plate. Increase the heat to high. With the residual oil in the pan, add onion and fry for 1 minutes until aromatic.
- Next add your remaining sauce ingredients, leaving the soy sauce last to add. Mix well breaking apart the gochujang. Finally add the cornstarch slurry and mix. Reduce and simmer the sauce until thick and glossy.
- Finally add your fried chicken back in and cover in the sauce. Once all the chicken is covered in the sauce, remove and transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.